3420 Waterford Road, Amissville, VAThis beautiful farm in the rolling hills of Rappahannock County, Virginia, is located 20 minutes from Culpeper, Warrenton, Washington, VA, and Front Royal. From the porches of a German inspired manor house (2001) and a beautifully renovated guest house (1938/2007) one can enjoy the lavish views of three, sometimes five layers of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Walk the surrounding 222 acres of farmland and hardwood forests, bask in the sunshine, play tennis on your own court and swim in your own pool. Explore pathways in the surrounding woodlands, study the history and watch the wildlife. And, all while sitting in the shadows of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The first historical record for the property shows it part of a colonial plantation, established by the French Huguenot family of Joseph Amiss, hence the current name of the village of Amissville. The land was originally surveyed by George Washington. The remains of an old fireplace next to the swimming pool, were perhaps a part of a separate kitchen building, circa 1763. The farm is steeped in American history and includes a cemetery established during the Civil War from fighting on the farm during the battle at Corbin~s Crossroads in 1862. True to their German roots, the current owners treat the land with respect and are practicing sustainable agriculture. The land is sacred, and nature~s bounty a treasure. The main house is constructed to satisfy highest energy and security standards including R30 walls and roof, as well as German-made windows and doors with R12 triple glazing. The farm offers new owners many opportunities from enjoying horses and hunting, to raising cattle or growing grapes, from making hay to making wine. The main house, built in 2001, contains 5 bedrooms and 5.5 baths. The guest house offers an additional 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. The manor house is perfect for entertaining with large open rooms, high ceilings, covered porches, large decks all with views to the Blue Ridge. A well-appointed country kitchen and generous dining room also provide ease of entertaining. The main floor includes an open great room with fireplace and a library with built-in bookcases. The second floor offers a generous master suite with fireplace, and master bath, whirlpool tub, separate shower and walk-in closet. A bedroom with private bath, and 2 additional bedrooms with a shared bath complete the 2nd floor sleeping rooms. A full attic is available for storage. The lower level offers a large family room with full bath, laundry area, ample storage and utility access. The French doors provide easy access to the rear of the home, pool and tennis court. This home is served by well and septic, HVAC through heat pumps with a propane back-up system. The original house (now the guest house) was built in 1938 and was comprehensively renovated in 2007 with updated exterior finishes, roof, windows and doors, systems, kitchen and baths. The guest house features a wonderful covered porch that takes advantage of the incredible views while overlooking the pool and tennis court. The farm buildings: An 80 foot by 80 foot large three section barn, built in 2007, with concrete floors and large doors on either side is perfect for many different agricultural uses, storage, or may be perfect for wine making. A second 60 foot by 80 foot barn contains a shop, a stable and overhangs for equipment storage. The shop is insulated, has concrete floors and a loading dock. There are buildings for animals large and small, fenced pastures and paddocks. Fields with hay and rows of peonies and hydrangeas are harvested for commercial sales. These are just a few of the many interests one may pursue at the farm. House and yard: 7 acres; Tillable land (currently orchard grass): 115 acres (each field served by natural streams); Grazing/pasture: 25 acres; Forests: 73 acres (oak, poplar, cherry, hickory, maple, pawpaw); a large pond property with largemouth bass and bluegill: 3 acres.